Apply to become a Chaperone
Do you like working with children?...
Then Perryway Players Amateur Dramatics Society need your help.
Children are an essential part of our annual pantomime. Due to rules laid down by Gloucestershire County Council, children aged 16 or under can only participate with licenced Chaperones to look after them. Without enough Chaperones, children will not be able to be involved.
Are you able to help?
If yes, then please read on.
What do I need to do to become a Licensed Chaperone?
- Complete the necessary application forms
- Undertake a short online course
- Attend an interview (to assess suitability) at Gloucestershire County Council
How much will it cost me?
- The only cost to you is your time. Perryway Players will meet the cost of the Chaperone Application costs
What’s in it for me?
- Being involved in a fantastic production
- Great to add to your CV
- You will be licensed for three years and can apply to act as Chaperone at other events (some venues pay for Chaperones)
- We will either give you a family ticket (worth £25) for our Pantomime or if your child(ren) is involved in Pantomime we will waive their £25 membership fee (one child’s fee)
- The Chaperone Process includes a DBS check
What will I need to do?
- You will need to be available for the Dress rehearsals and Live performances - please note that if we get enough interest you will not be required to attend all dress rehearsals and Live performances - there will be a rota system.
- You will be responsible for a maximum of 12 children at any one time.
We need a minimum of 4 Chaperones per dress rehearsal and live performance.
See below some information packs about becoming a chaperone.